Reading Camp Without Leaving Home
Use the summer to improve reading skills before school!
You know these children - the ones who continue to struggle despite repeated intervention. You need an intervention that addresses the root cause of their difficulty, not one that provides accommodations.
Fast ForWord does what no other intervention can do; it starts with cognitive skills like memory, attention and processing speed and works from the bottom up, using the principles of neuroplasticity. Fast ForWord aims to remediate the underlying difficulties that keep struggling readers and English language learners from making progress.
These skills are crucial for reading success and strengthening the results in improved reading skills for struggling readers. Some of these reading skills are: phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, decoding, syntax and grammar.
- Memory- the capacity to store information and concepts, essential for word recognition, sentence comprehension and remembering instructions
- Attention- the ability to focus on tasks and ignore distractions
- Processing- the ability to distinguish sounds quickly to discriminate their differences, a prerequisite for phonemic awareness and reading
- Sequencing- a cognitive skill that relies on memory, attention, and processing, essential for phonics, word fluency, reading and oral comprehension
Fast ForWord Summer Program includes:
- Language Series for Elementary students or Literacy Series for Middle/High School students
- Structured daily web-based sessions at home - no need to travel to an office or center for program
- Schedule your program around summer plans!
- Daily monitoring of performance
- Weekly communication to discuss performance and programming
- Weekly performance progress reports via email
- Camp begins June 15, 2019.
- Later start date may be arranged on individual basis.
- Up to 2 years reading gain in under 3 months.*
- Up to 50% greater improvement in reading grade level than classroom instruction alone.
- FastForWord has been shown to increase reading fluency and comprehension in children and adults.*
- Prepare NOW for the SAT!
- Studies have also shown FastForWord improves SAT/ACT scores*
- Do you have a college bound student? Increase their reading comprehension for academic success!
*Results vary based on individual and consistent participation in structured program.
10% discount for siblings
10% Chamber Member discount
(Only one discount per family)